Online Shopping with Virgin Media
Terms and conditions
1. Order process
- Orders placed by you on this website are subject to acceptance by us.
- Once you have placed your order you'll receive an email acknowledgement from us. This is not acceptance of your order.
- Your order represents an offer to purchase. Acceptance of your order will take place when we despatch the goods to you.
- We may reject your offer to purchase for any reason.
- We reserve the right to cancel an order in the rare occurrence that we suspect any fraud or abuse or if you have already purchased 2 phones in the preceding 12-month period.
2. Price and payment
- We'll debit your card when we receive your order. In the event that we're unable to supply the goods to you, we'll let you know and refund the card.
- We do our best to ensure that the prices you see on the website are correct however very occasionally there could be a pricing error. If this happens we'll contact you as soon as possible to let you know and offer you the option of reconfirming your order at the correct price or cancelling your order. If we don't get hold of you or you decide that you don't want the order anymore, we'll refund your card.
- Prices include VAT.
We can deliver to anywhere in the UK. We always aim to deliver the next day (excluding Sundays and UK Public Holidays), but you can also choose a delivery day up to 21 days in advance.
4. Our 14 day Customer Satisfaction Guarantee
Our 14 day Customer Satisfaction Guarantee lets you exchange your joining pack, phone or mobile broadband data device for a different one of the same value or get a full refund, less any airtime or data you've bought. We will even send you prepaid packaging to post it back. For a refund, return it ‘as new’, in its original packaging, with proof of purchase.
Mobile phone: If you Pay As You Go you will be charged for any airtime you've used according to our Pay As You Go tariff. If you're terminating a Pay Monthly contract you'll be charged for any airtime you've used prior to termination according to our Pay Monthly tariff.
Mobile broadband: You'll be charged for any data access within the UK prior to return at a rate equivalent to your monthly payment. Any texts sent or out of bundle use will be charged at the standard rates applicable.
If you bought it direct from us or through the web give our team a call on 0345 6000 789. We'll send you some prepaid packing to post it back. Send us your phone in its original packaging, with proof of purchase.
If you bought it from a shop return the phone to the shop in its original packaging, with proof of purchase.
However, if you didn't buy your phone, mobile broadband data device or joining pack directly from a Virgin Media store, you'll need to take it back to the store where you bought it, and a different returns policy may apply. Please check direct with the store. Our 14 day Customer Satisfaction Guarantee is only available on phones supplied directly by Virgin Media and is not available where you have received an insurance replacement. Our 14 day Customer Satisfaction Guarantee is an additional benefit and does not affect you statutory rights.
5. Our full 24-month warranty (12-months for iPhones)
If your new phone or mobile broadband device goes wrong in that period and it's covered by the warranty, we'll do all the legwork for you to get it fixed. If you do need a replacement phone or mobile broadband device, we may provide you with one that's 'as new'. If your phone or mobile broadband device isn't covered, we'll advise you on what to do. However, if your phone or mobile broadband device was not bought direct from Virgin Media, a different returns policy may apply. Please check direct with the store. Full terms and conditions are set out below.
Terms and conditions of Virgin Media's 24 month warranty (12-months for iPhones)
1. If your new phone or new mobile broadband device (each referred to in these terms and conditions as the Device) ceases to function correctly due to defective materials or workmanship within 12 months for an iPhone, or 24 months for other handset manufacturer devices from purchase (excluding the battery and charger, which are covered for 12 months from purchase), we'll repair the Device or if we are unable to repair it we will replace it free of charge with an as new Device which in our opinion is of equivalent specification provided that:
a. your Device has been used in accordance with the manufacturer's instructions and hasn't been subject to abnormal conditions of storage, use or neglect (damage due to normal wear and tear or malicious or accidental damage are not covered); and
b. any repairs which have been or are to be undertaken have been arranged by us or the manufacturer's accredited repair centre.
2. If the Device you purchased was ‘as new’ the warranty is 6 months for iPhones and 12 months for all other device manufacturers. You must provide reasonable assistance and information to us, including returning your original Device in its original packaging, if requested.
3. The replacement Device may be reconditioned but will be fully tested and function before despatch.
4. If no fault is found your Device will be returned to you. All devices will be returned with Virgin Mobile approved software.
5. Phone faults not covered by manufacturer warranty (including customer damage such as liquid ingress and damaged LCD screen) will be chargeable and we will contact you with a repair quote and options.
6. This warranty is given by Virgin Media Telecoms Ltd, and is in addition to and doesn't affect your statutory rights.
6. Governing Law
These terms and conditions of sale will be subject to English law and the English courts will have jurisdiction in respect of any dispute arising from this contract.