Terms and conditions
Virgin Media pursues a policy of improvement and development to its services. These conditions are subject to change without notice. The information contained herein is correct at the date of publication; however, it may be subject to revision and the service may be modified, supplemented or withdrawn. Amendments will take effect when posted on our Site and you agree that it is your responsibility to be aware of any changes made to these Terms and Conditions.
- Freespace usage is limited to 10 megabytes (MB) of space.
- Freespace accounts will be capped (preventing access) at 30 megabytes (MB) of bandwidth usage per day.
- Freespace is provided at no extra cost and is intended for personal, not business use only.
- Virgin Media will provide a suite of CGI scripts for user use. No user-written CGIs will be accepted.
- Support for the service does not include HTML authoring or page design. There are help pages relating to Freespace within our help section.
- Users are responsible for retaining copies of their files. Virgin Media will not keep backups of your data.
- A warning page must be displayed before any material liable to offend is displayed.
- Users will be held responsible for and accept responsibility for the content of their part of Freespace.
- Users may not "sell on" Freespace to third parties.
- Virgin Media reserves the right to suspend the service in any cases where the Freespace service is used contrary to any applicable laws or regulations, in particular, where the service is being used for the distribution of any material which is defamatory, offensive, abusive or of an obscene or menacing character, or in connection with the carrying out of an criminal act; or in a manner which constitutes a violation or infringement of the rights of any person, firm or company (included but not limited to rights of copyright or confidentiality).
- Virgin Media reserves the right to stop serving the pages of a user who alone or acting together in a parallel manner with others jeopardises the efficient operation of Freespace for other users.
- Users are not permitted to effect multiple Freespace account registrations for the purpose of achieving greater storage space. Virgin Media views such conduct by any and all users as abusive and Virgin Media reserves the right to, at its sole discretion, close all user's accounts without notice to users.
- Virgin Media will not be held liable for any loss however occasioned as a result of any part of the Freespace service.
- Virgin Media hereby excludes all liability for the accuracy or inaccuracy of any information or data held on the Freespace machine and accepts no liability for loss of data or other matters whatsoever which result from use of the Freespace service.
- Virgin Media reserves the right to remove, suspend or alter any or all of the Freespace functions without warning or notice. This may include removing users' material.
- If a user no longer holds an account with Virgin Media, their data will be withdrawn and deleted.
- By using the service, users are deemed to have agreed to and accepted these Terms and Conditions.
- These conditions are in addition to the standard Virgin Media Terms and Conditions.
- Any decision in relation to this Freespace service made by Virgin Media is final.
- Virgin Media restricts the setting up and editing of Freespace accounts to Virgin Media dial up access only.
- Virgin Media reserves the right , at its sole discretion, to close and disconnect all access accounts of any users if users fail to comply with these Terms and Conditions or are otherwise in breach of any and all applicable legislation, regulations and/or industry codes of conduct.
- Virgin Media reserves the right to serve advertising to Freespace pages and make whatever modifications necessary to the service in order to facilitate this including adding to the source code.