Terms and conditions
- Intellectual property rights
- All information and materials (including designs, text, graphics and their selection and arrangement) on a Virgin Media Site are the copyright of Virgin Media or its content providers. No information or material on a Virgin Media Site may be copied, reproduced or downloaded without Virgin Media's express permission in writing.
- All brand names, product names and/or service names used in a Virgin Media Site are trade marks, trade names, service marks or copyrights of their respective holders. Any use of any such brand name, product name and/or service name without the prior written consent of the relevant rights holder may constitute an infringement of that rights holder's rights and Virgin Media gives no permission for the use of any such item in any way whatsoever.
- General terms applicable (including limitations on liability)
- Although Virgin Media has taken reasonable steps to ensure that information contained on each Virgin Media Site is correct, it is possible the information may be incomplete, contain errors or be out of date. You should verify any information obtained from a Virgin Media Site before acting upon it.
- Virgin Media cannot guarantee uninterrupted and/or reliable access to any Virgin Media Site and Virgin Media makes no guarantees whatsoever as to its operation, availability, functionality or otherwise.
- Each Virgin Media Site may contain links to third party sites. These sites are beyond the control of Virgin Media and Virgin Media accepts no responsibility for their content.
- Nothing on any Virgin Media Site shall be deemed to be an offer by Virgin Media to provide any goods or services to you. A contract for the provision of such goods or services shall be formed only when you have placed an order, accepted Virgin Media's terms and conditions for the provision of such goods or services and Virgin Media has confirmed its acceptance of your order in writing.
- Should you wish to enter into any contract or arrangement (whether formal or informal) with any advertiser on a Virgin Media Site, any such contract or arrangement shall be between you and the relevant advertiser and Virgin Media shall not be a party to any such contract or arrangement nor become involved in any such contract or arrangement for any reason whatsoever. The terms and conditions (including, without limitation, those relating to payment, delivery, quality and/or any representations or warranties) of any such contract or arrangement are a matter for you and the relevant advertiser to agree and Virgin Media accepts no responsibility in relation thereto.
- To the extent permitted by applicable law, Virgin Media hereby disclaims any and all warranties, whether express or implied, statutory or otherwise as to the accuracy of any information contained on any Virgin Media Site and/or the availability of any Virgin Media Site and, accordingly, Virgin Media shall have no liability (save in relation to death or injury arising through its negligence) for any loss or damage howsoever arising and of whatever nature incurred in the use of any Virgin Media Site or reliance on any information contained on it including, without limitation, any direct, indirect or consequential loss, loss of business, loss of goodwill or loss of profits.
- Different limitations and exclusions of liability will apply to liability arising as a result of the provision of any goods or services by Virgin Media, which will be set out in Virgin Media's terms and conditions relating to the provision of such goods or services.
- Posting content on Virgin Media sites
- Your Account: You must provide accurate, current and complete registration information. You are fully responsible for all use of your account and for any acts that may take place using your account.
- Your Conduct: By posting content on any Virgin Media Site, you represent, warrant and agree that: (a) you are 16 or older (and in the case of a user between the ages of 16 and 18, you have obtained the consent of your parent/guardian regarding your use of such Virgin Media Site); (b) no content (or part thereof) submitted by you or through your account will: (i) breach any law or encourage the commission of an illegal act; (ii) be defamatory, abusive or offensive; (iii) infringe the copyright, moral right, performing rights, rights of privacy, trade mark or other proprietary right of any third party; (iv) constitute a misuse of any confidential information of a third party; (v) contain software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to affect the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment; or (vi) advertise, promote or endorse any products or services; (c) in respect of images and/or audio-visual content: (i) any individual depicted in the content (or, in the case of any individual under the age of 18, the parent/guardian of such individual) has consented to the content being posted on the Virgin Media Site; (ii) the content has not been modified or altered in any manner so as to distort or misrepresent any individual or thing depicted in the content; (iii) the content does not contain any personal information such as a name, phone number or e-mail address; and (d) you will not impersonate any person or entity.
By posting content on a Virgin Media Site, you grant to Virgin Media a worldwide, non-exclusive, irrevocable, royalty-free licence to use and distribute (in whole or in part) such content for any purpose in any and all media (whether now known or hereafter devised) including but not limited to the internet and broadcast television and you hereby waive all so-called moral rights you may have in the content. This licence includes the right to grant sub-licences.
- Termination: Virgin Media may terminate your account and/or delete any content (including but not limited to your profile) that you have posted on a Virgin Media Site and/or prohibit you from using or accessing any Virgin Media Site (or any part of the same) for any reason, at its sole discretion, with or without notice.